Cancer CAREpoint Job Openings
Cancer Patient Advocate (English/Spanish)
Cancer CAREpoint is a community based, non-profit organization offering free, non-medical, and personalized supportive services to cancer patients, survivors, families and caregivers in Silicon Valley at any point in treatment or survivorship. To meet the needs of the community, we are expanding our services in Spanish and are seeking an experienced bilingual Cancer Patient Advocate to join our team and assist our clients and our staff. The Cancer Patient Advocate will connect cancer patients and their caregivers with Cancer CAREpoint programs and services to help increase the utilization of our services. The Cancer Patient Advocate will communicate with cancer patients to get a better understanding of a patient’s individual needs regarding what support Cancer CAREpoint can provide. The Cancer Patient Advocate will also assist in the creation and implementation of programs and services aimed to meet the needs of cancer patients. The Cancer Patient Advocate does not provide medical advice or make medical decisions for clients. This is a part-time, twenty-hour a month, non-benefitted position. Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; AA or technical/vocational school diploma preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish and familiar with medical terminology in Spanish.
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work with diverse patient populations and staff in a professional and mature way.
- Aware of the needs of patients with serious health problems and limited resources.
- Familiar with cancer related terminology.
- Committed to providing high quality customer service.
- Possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs; familiarity with Salesforce or other case management software.
- Working knowledge of legal and ethical issues governing direct service delivery including, but not limited to, HIPPA and mandated reporting requirements.
- Previous experience working in the medical or social service field with direct patient and caregiver contact.
- Comfortable interacting with the public, outgoing.
- Good communication skills
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Contacting patients and caregivers to assess their needs.
- Willingness to travel to meet with clients off site (at hospital or community center) and/or conduct phone meetings.
- Linking patients and caregivers with Cancer CAREpoint’s programs and services.
- Staffing exhibits and providing information at community events.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Program Director Morrigan Bruce firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Cancer CAREpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer